Valentine’s Cookies are a candy approach share some love!
A simple no-fail sugar cookie is lower into shapes and embellished with a easy frosting that’ll make you appear to be a professional!
Everybody loves a present from the center, and this recipe is a enjoyable and simple approach to unfold some Valentine’s Day cheer!
Valentine’s Day Cookies
- These Valentine’s Day cookies begin with the proper sugar cookie recipe with a buttery vanilla taste.
- The dough is really easy to work with and may be lower a heart-shaped cookie or any form cutter you’d like.
- Merely bake, cool, and adorn. PRO TIP: Bake cookies within the morning and adorn them within the afternoon after they’re fully cooled.
- Children love to assist adorn Valentine’s Day cookies! Set out icing and sprinkles and allow them to create and share their treats as Valentine’s day presents.
Elements for Valentine’s Cookies
Cookie Dough – It is a fundamental sugar cookie dough made with flour, butter, sugar, and egg. We use vanilla because the flavoring (I desire clear vanilla on this recipe). Swap the vanilla for one more extract to alter the flavour (almond extract is one other favourite!).
Decorations – The cutest cookies are made with purple and pink heart-shaped candies or sprinkles. We use this sugar cookie icing recipe however add your favourite frosting and Valentine’s sprinkles and even edible silver or gold glitter.
How one can Make Valentine’s Cookies
It’s tremendous enjoyable and simple to make this extra-special recipe!
- Combine butter & sugar, add egg & vanilla.
- Incorporate dry substances till totally combined. Refrigerate per recipe beneath.
- Roll out dough & lower it into shapes. Bake till calmly browned on the perimeters.
- Cool fully earlier than adorning.
Professional Suggestions for Good Cookies
- Make sure the butter and egg are at room temperature.
- Be sure you beat the butter for the complete time listed within the recipe.
- If the dough appears powdery, proceed mixing at medium-high velocity. The dough will come collectively.
- Chill the dough to maintain it from spreading after which let it sit at room temperature whereas prepping the baking pans.
- Use an ungreased cookie sheet and skip the parchment paper or silicone baking mat, this helps the cookies maintain their form higher.
- Use two completely different cookie sheets so that you’re not utilizing a heat one with chilly dough.
- These sugar cookies may be made for any event. Simply swap up the shapes and colours to make cookies for Easter, Halloween, or Christmas!
How one can Make Cookie Pops
- Put together cookie dough as directed above.
- As soon as rolled and lower, place a lollipop stick into the middle of every cookie. (The lollipop stick will bake into the cookie, so make certain to make use of paper, not plastic.)
- Bake cookies in line with recipe instructions beneath and funky fully and adorn.
Storing Valentine’s Day Cookies
Hold cookies in a coated container for as much as 4 days. Freeze cookies in zippered baggage for as much as 4 weeks. Or you possibly can freeze the dough and make it into cookies later!
Did you make these Valentine’s Day Cookies? Be sure you depart a ranking and a remark beneath!
Valentine’s Day Cookies
Valentine’s Day cookies are enjoyable & festive, the proper deal with in your sweetheart or household!
In a bowl, mix dry substances and put aside.
With a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or a hand mixer), mix butter and sugar till fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the egg and vanilla and blend till effectively mixed and easy.
Add flour combination a little bit bit at a time with the mixer on low till combined and the flour is integrated. Proceed mixing till the dough holds collectively, about 5 minutes. (If the dough appears floury or powdery, it have to proceed to combine collectively).
Divide the dough in half and flatten every half right into a disk. Wrap with plastic wrap and place within the fridge for at the very least 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Whereas the oven is preheating, take away the dough from the fridge.
Sprinkle the worksurface with a little bit of powdered sugar or flour so the dough does not stick. Roll dough to ¼” thickness and lower into desired shapes.
Place cookies 1-inch aside on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or till cookies start to brown on the perimeters.
Cool fully earlier than adorning with icing.
- Select clear vanilla or strive almond extract for a twist!
- Guarantee butter and egg are at room temperature.
- Beat butter for the complete time; if the dough appears powdery, hold mixing.
- Refrigerate as directed. Let dough attain room temperature earlier than baking.
- Use an ungreased sheet for well-shaped cookies.
- Get artistic with shapes and colours for any event!
Energy: 122 | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 41mg | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.