This rooster pot pie casserole is a comfortable dish that my household loves!
Hen and veggies are smothered in a scrumptious creamy sauce, topped with biscuits, and baked till golden.
This satisfying meal is one which the household will ask for many times!
Cozy Hen Pot Pie Casserole
Chicken pot pie is the last word consolation meals. This recipe provides all the taste to a straightforward casserole and replaces the pie crust with flaky biscuits.
- This cozy casserole is a straightforward no-roll tackle chicken pot pie.
- This versatile recipe works with every kind veggies.
- Hearty and satisfying, this dish is good for large households and friends! Or, benefit from the leftovers for lunches.
Elements for Hen Pot Pie Casserole
Sauce – The sauce for this recipe is straightforward to make with chicken broth, milk, and seasonings. If you happen to’re in a rush, you’ll be able to substitute 2 cans of cream of rooster soup, ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning, and ⅔ cup milk.
Greens – Use frozen combined greens, thawed and drained. You should utilize contemporary greens like carrots, celery, or mushrooms on this recipe – you’ll want to cook dinner them till tender crisp.
‘Crust’ – The biscuit topping is so easy! Use a can of Pillsbury biscuit dough, or be happy to combine up a fast batch of homemade biscuits. Even crescent roll dough will work to create a flaky topping.
How you can Make Hen Pot Pie Casserole
Just some easy steps is all it takes to make this tasty dish!
- Put together the sauce per the recipe beneath.
- Add cooked potatoes, thawed greens, and diced rooster to the sauce and pour right into a baking dish.
- High with biscuits and bake till golden brown and bubbly. Brush the biscuits with melted butter and revel in!
Storage & Reheating
- Hen pot pie casserole tastes the most effective when served instantly whereas the biscuits are nonetheless sizzling and crisp. Leftovers will maintain within the fridge for as much as 4 days. To reheat, attempt preheating the oven to 350 and heat the casserole for 15-20 minutes.
- To make this dish forward and freeze, put together the sauce and rooster combination and freeze it. Defrost in a single day within the fridge and prime with the biscuit dough, earlier than baking as directed.
Did your loved ones love this Hen Pot Pie Casserole? Depart us a score and a remark beneath!
Hen Pot Pie Casserole
All the things we love about rooster pot pie in an easy-to-make cozy casserole!
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Add diced potatoes to a small saucepan and canopy with water. Convey to a mild boil over medium-high warmth and cook dinner lined till potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain effectively.
In a separate or a deep skillet, soften the butter over medium warmth. Add the onion, garlic, and poultry seasoning and cook dinner till softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the flour and cook dinner for 1 minute extra.
Steadily add the milk and rooster broth over medium warmth, whisking after every addition till clean. Convey to a boil and simmer for 1 minute.
Stir within the drained potatoes, rooster, and frozen greens. Cook dinner for 1 minute extra and style and season with salt and pepper.
Switch the combination to a 3-quart baking dish and prime with the biscuits.
Bake uncovered for 25 to half-hour or till the biscuits are cooked by and golden brown. Cowl if the biscuits begin to get too brown.
Take away from the oven and brush the biscuits with melted butter. Let the casserole relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than serving.
I choose a frozen vegetable combine with frozen peas, carrots, corn, and inexperienced beans, however you need to use simply peas and carrots if most popular.
For Crisper Biscuits: The biscuits will probably be browned on prime and gentle and saucy on the underside. For crisper biscuits, they are often cooked individually on a pan in accordance with package deal instructions and positioned on prime of the casserole for serving.
Leftovers may be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat within the microwave till heated by.
Energy: 629 | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 23g | Fats: 32g | Saturated Fats: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g | Monounsaturated Fats: 11g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1309mg | Potassium: 721mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4411IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 5mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.