Sharing the outcomes of my IgG food sensitivity test, in addition to professionals and cons of this testing technique.
Hello mates! How’s the day going to date? I hope that you just’re having an excellent one! As we speak, I’m engaged on podcast stuff (new episode tomorrow) and assembly up with a good friend for lunch.
For at this time’s submit, I needed to share a bit extra about my private well being journey and one of many steps within the course of: meals sensitivity testing. After I first enrolled within the IHP program (you can check out my review of level 1 here and level 2 here), I knew that I’d love to have the ability to assist mates and shoppers in a wholly completely different, extra personalised approach. I had no thought how a lot this info would assist me on a private stage, too.
By way of my data in IHP and testing skills, I’ve been in a position to uncover some root causes and I’m engaged on rebalancing my physique by eradicating the toxicities and restoring deficiencies.
At-home IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at Overview (and my outcomes)
The nutshell model:
– Final spring, I had horrible pink eye which became a trigger for constant eye issues – watering, tremendous crimson, itchy, mucus-y eyes. I couldn’t put on contacts for nearly three months. I’ve tried just about the entire pharmacy eye section :/
– I noticed many eye docs who have been unable to assist me (they only needed to throw the kitchen sink of eyedrops and prescriptions at me, and nothing helped) – I lastly discovered a dry eye specialist who was in a position to give me an motion plan and my eyes improved tremendously
– I did blood work with my PCP to test fundamental markers and irritation, and two markers for Lupus came back positive, which defined the joint ache I had in my palms and the unusual rashes I’ve had over time. Each time I’ve been beneath durations of utmost or prolonger stress, I’d get a rash, and my palms would typically ache at night time, which I had attributed to typing a lot.
– I immediately went into take a look at and study mode, doing an HTMA test, Candida Metabolic and Vitamins Test, and Food Sensitivity test. (In case you’re interested in testing, electronic mail me – I can get higher costs than what is out there on the web site.) The attention points (which I feel are partially an allergy response) + autoimmune signs advised me one thing was seemingly happening in my intestine, so I used to be curious to see if I had any yeast, micro organism, and Candida overgrowth (I had all three) and the way my physique was responding to emphasize. I used to be nutrient poor in a number of markers, and in addition had some elevated heavy metals.
– I labored for months to get the irritation down in my physique, and in December, the Lupus markers have been detrimental!!! YAYYYYY! Whereas I used to be by no means formally identified with Lupus – I used to be ready to see Rheumatology till I may get some solutions and retest and since my signs have been beneath control- this simply tells me that the irritation is certainly down, so good issues throughout.
– I’ve made some enormous life-style and eating regimen modifications, and my meals sensitivity take a look at was to see if I used to be consuming something that could be inflicting extra irritation. In at this time’s submit, I’ll share the method, outcomes, and the dear info I gained from this at-home take a look at.
*A pleasant reminder that I’m NOT a physician and these exams don’t diagnose, deal with, stop, or treatment sickness. They’re to supply details about your distinctive physique so you’ll be able to work with a practitioner to create a customized motion plan.*
My IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at Outcomes
What’s an IgG Response?
IgG, or immunoglobulin G, is an antibody current in our immune system. IgG reactions happen when the physique identifies particular meals as threats, triggering an immune response that may result in a variety of signs. These reactions are completely different from rapid, allergy-type responses (like hives, anaphylaxis, extreme itching, and many others) and are sometimes related to delayed signs, making them difficult to pinpoint with out specialised testing.
The At-Dwelling IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at:
The IgG Food Sensitivity Test is a handy at-home testing technique designed to determine potential meals sensitivities. The method sometimes entails a easy blood pattern, which might be collected utilizing a finger-prick package supplied by the testing service. I’ll be sharing screenshots of my take a look at outcomes to supply a clear look into this expertise.
Advantages of the IgG Meals Sensitivity Take a look at:
The take a look at presents personalised insights into your physique’s particular reactions to a variety of meals. This info empowers you to make knowledgeable dietary decisions tailor-made to your distinctive wants. This specific take a look at is for 190 of the commonest meals and spices!
Figuring out Hidden Triggers:
In contrast to rapid allergic reactions, IgG reactions are sometimes delayed, making it difficult to determine set off meals. The take a look at helps uncover potential hidden culprits contributing to varied well being points.
Understanding and addressing meals sensitivities can contribute to the administration of assorted signs, comparable to bloating, fatigue, pores and skin points, mind fog, nervousness, and digestive discomfort.
Armed with data about your physique’s reactions, you’ll be able to optimize your vitamin by choosing meals that assist your total well-being and decrease the danger of triggering inflammatory responses.
Focused Elimination Diets:
The take a look at outcomes can information the implementation of focused elimination diets. By briefly eradicating recognized set off meals, you’ll be able to assess the affect in your signs and progressively reintroduce meals based mostly in your physique’s responses. Relying on the severity, you’ll both take away the meals for six weeks, 12 weeks or 6 months, after which progressively add the meals again in, to see how your physique responds.
Cons of At-home Meals Sensitivity Testing:
Whereas meals sensitivity testing has gained reputation as a possible device for understanding particular person reactions to sure meals, it’s important to acknowledge a number of the criticisms and considerations surrounding these exams. Critics argue that the scientific validity and reliability of many industrial meals sensitivity exams are debatable. The principle critique stems from the range of immune responses and the complexity of the human physique’s response to completely different meals.
Moreover, the idea of IgG reactions as indicators of meals sensitivities will not be universally accepted throughout the medical and scientific communities. Some argue that elevated IgG ranges could not essentially correlate with antagonistic reactions and might range between people with out obvious signs. Furthermore, the dynamic nature of the immune system makes it difficult to determine definitive cause-and-effect relationships between particular meals and well being points. It’s essential for people contemplating meals sensitivity testing to strategy it with a essential mindset, recognizing its limitations and consulting healthcare professionals for a complete analysis of their well being considerations.
On this submit, I’ll stroll you thru my private expertise with the IgG Food Sensitivity Test, sharing the meals that triggered reactions, my preliminary reactions, and the way I’ve adjusted my eating regimen based mostly on the outcomes. I assumed it might be useful for my mates on the market who’re contemplating this, or who’re on an analogous journey.
For this take a look at, you need to have a mixture of meals in your system, particularly meals that you just suppose could also be problematic (however ARE NOT allergic to. If you understand you’re allergic to walnuts, steer clear of walnuts). Dr. Cabral recommends an egg sandwich with cheese just a few days earlier than testing. I needed this take a look at to be consultant of how I eat, which for now, excuses gluten and dairy. I reduce these out after I went down the Lupus rabbit gap as just a few books beneficial skipping gluten and dairy you probably have autoimmune signs. I seen an enormous enchancment in my joint ache and my eyes.
I had just a few bites of birthday cake just a few days earlier than the take a look at, and gluten was elevated, which verifies that it’s not your best option for me proper now.
My numbers have been additionally barely elevated for almonds, egg whites, and yogurt, which was shocking for me.
I’ve been bummed to study by this expertise that I can’t have eggs on a regular basis like I used to till I heal my intestine. I solely have them about as soon as every week now and revel in each chew!! As soon as my intestine is healed, the concept is that I’ll be capable to add again dairy, gluten, and extra frequent eggs, checking for reactions alongside the way in which.
The take a look at additionally consists of pattern meal rotations to assist embrace quite a lot of meals and doubtlessly cut back detrimental reactions and responses to varied meals.
This complete course of has been very enlightening and informative, and I’m excited to share extra alongside the way in which.
In case you’re all for useful testing, ship me an electronic mail email@example.com topic TESTING and I’d love to assist!